It may be hard to believe, but the first day of Spring is here! As you know, the start of a new season offers plenty of opportunities for your marketing efforts to truly blossom. Now is a great time to start thinking about new ways you can use salon software to promote your business during the new season to help bring in new customers and increase sales.
Here are some creative ways to boost your marketing this spring.
Let’s spring clean your advertising.
Spring is a time for new beginnings and is second only to the New Year in terms of a restart. Time to get rid of the old and bring the new – think “New season, new friends” to your message. Use this as a means of reconnecting with customers who were MIA in the cold of winter.
Reach out to this “spring cleaning” focus in your advertising and social media:
- Hair Salons/Barber Shops: Spring offers the perfect opportunity to attract new customers. It is the start of a new season and with that, many of your customers will be excited about a new style and color.
- Spas: Spring has a way of inspiring clients to live healthier, more beautiful lives. This is a good opportunity to offer specials that motivate your clients to be the best version of themselves like facials or detoxes.
- Nail salon: At the time of the season, navy blue and oxblood are no longer the mainstream in the nail art world – customers will want to brighten things up with a pastel color reminiscent of budding flowers.
Take advantage of the abundance of holidays and spring events.
Spring has a lot of holiday and seasonal events. It’s time to celebrate and have fun. Take a look at these spring break ideas begging you to capitalize on any of your small business’s marketing or promotional efforts:
- Easter: Devise some clever promotional ideas. Consider giving out Easter baskets or Easter eggs to customers.
- Passover: If you have a Jewish customer-base observing Passover, you may want to offer matzah at your location. And promotional ideas around Passover, like Easter, is another great idea.
- Earth Day: Think of how you can go green for the day (as well as other days). This will especially resonate with clients who are very environmentally-observant.
- Mother’s Day: Mother’s Day would be an excellent time for an event–if you are operating a salon or spa, offer a special event for mothers and daughters with refreshments, along with special Mother’s Day-themed promotions.
- Prom Season: This season can help you increase your bottom line significantly. High school juniors and seniors across the country will need the perfect up-do, make-up application and mani/pedi for their prom. Make sure you salon or spa is equipped during late spring to help accommodate the bevy of beauties walking through your doors wanting the perfect look for the end-of-the-year dance.
Think spring with color and design.
With spring, think rebirth and renewal–flowers, birds, and bright colors. Share spring- like images on your social media pages to get your followers in the mood. Add flowers or bright colors to your website in an eye-catching way. According to Internet design company Aspire, a person’s first impression of your website is 94 percent design-related. This type of imagery will resonate with clients and get them in the mood of the season.
Spring into the new season with web, social media, and marketing materials featuring:
- Bright or pastel colors: avoid anything dark.
- Spring-like images that symbolize renewal: think flowers, birds, sunshine, blue skies, sundresses, the outdoors, even puppies and babies.
- Photos of high quality with bright lighting: avoid anything with dark shadows.
Remember–people look forward to spring all winter long, so as a small business owner or manager, use this to your advantage. With spring nearly sprung, try using the many features of salon software to utilize some of these ideas and leap way ahead of your competition.