You can get a full set of gel nails applied at a local beauty nail salon, but if you have the time and access to required supplies, you can apply them yourself at home.To learn about how to apply gel nails, use the following steps:
- Take off old nail polish. Gel nails need to be applied to clean nails, so the first step is to remove your old polish. Use nail polish remover to take it off, or go to the salon to have your old gels or acrylics removed.
- Trim your nails. Use a nail clippers or nails scissors to trim your nails to a manageable, even length. Use a nail file to smooth the rough edges.
- Push back your cuticles. Use a cuticle pusher, usually made from metal or wood, to carefully push back each cuticle.
- Rub the top of your nails. Removing the top layer of your nails to take away their natural shine provides a better surface for the gels to stick to. This important step ensures your gels won’t fall or peel off after you put them on.
- Apply the primer. This removes the remaining moisture and oils from your nails to get them ready for the gels. The primer comes with a brush, which you use to put a thin coat of primer on each nail from the cuticle to the top of the nail.
- Let the primer dry completely before proceeding.
- Brush an even coat of UV nail gel onto each nail. Use the brush that comes with the UV nail gel. Use long strokes, covering the whole nail surface. If you get any gel onto your finger or cuticle bed, remove it with the cuticle pusher. When you have coated all of your nails, put your hands under the UV drying light. Normal drying time is between 1 to 3 minutes.
- Apply a third coat of UV nail gel. When you apply the third coat, make sure you cover any thin spots and even out the gel before drying. Not applying the gel evenly can cause nails to appear uneven. Put your hands under the UV dryer and let them dry for up to 5 minutes. The more gel on the nail, the longer the drying time will be.
- Finally, wash your hands with gentle soap. All the filing and buffing may have caused gel powder to accumulate on your fingers. You need to wash your hands to remove it and clean the nails before applying any polish.
Try to do those steps carefully , you would save time and money and have a beautiful nail style by your own.